Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day One: Chest and Triceps

Day One has been a total success! I can barely move my arms to type this for you all, so I'd say that's a good sign.

First, here are my baseline photos. I took these this morning before leaving for the gym, and I'm reluctant to post them for a couple of reasons. The obvious reason is that I'm unhappy with my body right now, but that's why I'm here, right?! The less obvious reason is my dirty bathroom mirror. Ignore that please.

Also ignore the toilet paper roll. My husband needs to learn a lesson.

Also, I forgot to weigh myself. I don't own a scale for a multitude of reasons, so I'll just estimate because I am not walking back to the gym for that. Even though it's a very pretty walk.

Hawaii's so nice isn't it? Are you jealous yet?


That said, my baseline here is 5'6" and 150ish lbs.

Alright, public embarrassment out of the way, here's what I've done for today!! I'll list everything, even warm up sets, and put my working sets in parentheses so it looks a little less jumbled.

Bench Press: 45 lbs x 5 reps, 65 lbs x 5 reps (70 lbs x 5 reps x 3 sets)

Flies: (10 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets)

Tricep Pulldowns: 25 lbs x 10, (30 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets)

Tricep Kickbacks: (5 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets)

Assisted Pullups: 3 reps x 5 sets, 100 lbs of assistance

After my lifts, I did 10 minutes of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) and managed to run a full mile in that time. I was actually pretty surprised. I also felt like death.

Okay, I'm going to go shower, because I look like I've been through hell. See you all tomorrow! <3

4 comments:

  1. Good job! Don't be embarrassed by those pictures--if I got my body to where yours is right now, I'd be so happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! :D

      I know I'm not in terrible shape at all, but I was a martial artist when I was growing up (had to stop for bs reasons), so I feel I've sort of squandered all the strength I gain back in my black belt days.

      Delete
  2. Holy amazeballs, you live in Hawaii? I'm super jelly. I concur that you have nothing to be embarrassed about. You look great! Congrats on the workout, the first few days are a killer but it's so worth it. After a week, the soreness gives way and you feel like an endorphin junkie. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep yep Hawaii! :D Actually about to go out for my run day as I'm typing this. Just getting a little stretching in first.

      10:30am, 77 F with a nice cool breeze.
      Should be excellent!!

      Delete