Monday, May 13, 2013

Week Two: Day Six

Today was...disappointing.  It's "my time of the month" and I had heard that the changes in hormones could have a negative impact on lifting for many women, but I've never experienced it before until today.
I tried increasing my weight on squats by 5 lbs, but failed. The most frustrating bit of all is that I felt I had the strength to lift it, but I just couldn't push myself as hard as I normally can. It was a strange feeling.

Everything else stayed the same weight, with an extra set on a couple of the machines. Hopefully this really is just a hormone fluctuation thing, and next week I can keep moving up in weight. Otherwise, I've got some serious diet revisions to work on.

My lifts for today:

Squats: 45 lbs x 5 reps, 75 lbs x 5 reps, (115 lbs x 3 reps x 4 sets)

Leg Extensions: (65 lbs x 15 reps x 4 sets)
Leg Curls: (50 lbs x 15 reps x 4 sets)
Note: Done as circuit.

Hip Adduction: (80 lbs x 15 reps x 4 sets)
Hip Abduction: (125 lbs x 15 reps x 4 sets)
Note: Done as circuit.

Leg Press: 180 lbs x 10 reps, 220 lbs x 10 reps, 260 lbs x 10 reps, (300 lbs x 10 reps)

Sit-Ups: Set 1: 45, Set 2: 25, Set 3: 15

Diet was decent. I had about a 1/2 cup of chicken breast for lunch, a protein drink after my workout, a fast food dinner from Wendy's, and a Detour protein bar to snack on.
As you've probably noticed, fast food is a staple in my life. I'm extremely unhappy about that fact. It will be the hardest thing to change about my diet do to the inherently hectic lifestyle we have to lead. The military has unpredictable hours, super late nights, and not a lot of "free time," but I'm trying my best to learn to work around it to better my diet. It's certainly a difficult process though, so hopefully by the end of this month I'll have made some measurable improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment