Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Week Two: Day One

Well, it seems I messed up. I misread my logbook today and accidentally upped my bench press weight by 15 pounds. As a result, I put too much stress on my muscles way too quickly and had to finish out my sets at a lower weight than last time. You'll be able to see more clearly what I mean in a minute, once you see my workout. Needless to say, I was extremely frustrated.  But it's done with now, so hopefully I can get back on course without too much trouble.

But before we get to the lifts, today means a new week has started, which means progress photos!

Not really any noticeable difference yet, but a promise is a promise.

I also remembered to weigh myself today before my workout. I came in at a pretty decent 153.5 lbs, so we'll call that my baseline since I never had a real one at the beginning.

Now for the good stuff:

Bench Press: 45 lbs x 5 reps, 65 lbs x 5 reps, 85 lbs - failure, 75 lbs x 3 reps to failure, (65 lbs x 5 reps x 3 sets)

Flies: (10 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets)

Tricep Pushdowns: (35 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets)

Tricep Kickbacks: (10 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets)

Assisted Pullups: (5 reps x 3 sets, 100 lbs assistance)

HIIT: 10 minute circuit, total distance: 1 mile.

Even after my Bench Press fiasco, I still managed to increase weight on 2 exercises from last week, tricep pushdowns and tricep kickbacks, so I can't be too upset about it. All in all, I'd say today was still a pretty successful day!

See you all again tomorrow, same time, same place! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment