Friday, May 3, 2013

Day Three: Back and Shoulders

Alright guys, I just walked back from the gym, and I feel so great. Today was my second favorite lift day. Deadlifts! They're awesome, and to make it even better, after not doing deadlifts for 6 months, I managed to pull more today than I ever had before. It probably wasn't the smartest move, but I felt confident, and I pulled it off! I'm absolutely thrilled!!

And look, I even have a really odd badge of honor to show for it: little baby callouses!

My other hand is slightly more torn up, but it's also REALLY dirty for some reason.
But we all know what you're really here to see, so we'll just get right to it. Here are my lifts for today, dear readers!

Deadlifts: 45 lbs x 5 reps, 75 lbs x 5 reps, 95 lbs x 5 reps, (105 lbs x 5 reps)

Lat Pulldowns: (80 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets)

Low Rows: (80 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets)

Overhead Press: (50 lbs x 5 reps x 3 sets)

Side Deltoid Raises: (10 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets)

Front Raises: (10 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets)

As an aside, I might be wrong, but I think I was being hit on when I finished my deadlifts. I have to remove my wedding ring when I lift for fear of damaging it, and more terrifyingly thanks to all the horrible degloving incidents I've seen. You can look that up if you'd like, but don't say I didn't warn you. Anyway, we were chatting quite a bit and he seemed pretty friendly, until I pulled out my ring to put it back on since I was finished with the barbell. He just wandered off and never said another word to me after that. I was a little disappointed actually. Having a lifting buddy would be excellent! But oh well. Maybe I'll see him there again and can clear up any confusion. If it does just turn out that he was hitting on me, well hey, that's still a nice ego boost; he was pretty fine.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Busy day. I wish I could do that much. You are gonna look awesome when this month is done with. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete