Thursday, May 9, 2013

Week Two: Day Two

Not gonna lie, I put my run off for way too long today. I had a bunch of things to do this morning, so I convinced myself the run had to wait, even though it really made zero difference what order I did my chores in. As one might expect, seeing as how I live in Hawaii, it got hot by the time I made it outside around 2:30pm. Whelp, lesson learned I suppose!

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised with my performance. Despite the heat, I did fairly well.

Look! A whole 15 seconds off!

More important than the precious seconds shaved off my time, I completed my goal! I finished the first mile without walking at all! Admittedly, it tired me out enough that I walked a little extra during the second half, but hey, progress!

My ultimate goal for a 2 mile run is about 16:00 but cutting my time a full 5 minutes is going to be pretty difficult. I'm not going to be too disappointed if I don't get there, but I've always said 'Go big or go home' so why stop now! I'm under no delusions that this will happen quickly though, so in the mean time, my next milestone goal is just to finish the 1.8 mile loop without walking.

Good Night, and Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment