Saturday, May 11, 2013

Week Two: Day Four

Heya guys! I just got back in from my run. Sorry to say I don't have an Endomondo screeshot for you all today, but it was raining and I was worried about getting my poor phone all wet. That thing's been through enough already. That also means I ran without music for the first time in ages, and I didn't even realize how much it was helping me. I think I might finally make an effort to get music with a specific BPM to help me keep a consistent pace from now on. Even without the music today I was much better at maintaining speed than I used to be.

Unsurprisingly, I ran the same loop I always do, 1.8 miles around my neighborhood. I feel as though I shaved off a little more time, but I didn't have my trusty phone with me to be sure, so there's really no telling outside of the "20-ish minute" usual. I am sure that I'm improving, however. Again, I ran further without needing a walk period, and only walked one section total. Another couple days and I should be able to do the entire loop in one go!!

Again, though, my diet today has been terrible. My husband is on guard duty, which means if I want to eat with him, we have to have something super fast. Our only options on post are Burger King, Popeye's and things of that nature, so I work with what I've got, I suppose.
No breakfast, other than a cup of coffee, and lunch was a meal at Popeye's worth about 700 calories/17 grams of protein. I've got a bag of beef jerky to munch on throughout the day to help me keep my protein up, as well as my usual Designer Whey shake. I'm not sure what dinner will be yet, since that mostly depends on how much time we have allotted, but it's a safe bet that it'll be comparable to lunch, which gives me somewhere around 2100 calories and 130 grams of protein. Acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment