Friday, May 10, 2013

Week Two: Day Three

Another day down. I'm starting to realize that I'm running low on things to actually write about, now that my routine is thoroughly underway, so at the end of each day, I'm also going to be writing about my diet from now on. I hadn't planned on including it until I started focusing on fat loss, but it's useful for gaining muscle as well, and I've been having a difficult time making sure I'm getting enough protein on off days anyway.

First thing's first though, so here are my lifts for today!

Deadlift: 65 lbs x 5 reps, 85 lbs x 5 reps, (115 x 5 reps)

Lat Pulldown: (80 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets)

Low Row: (80 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets)

Overhead Press: (50 lbs x 5 reps x 3 sets)

Side Delt Raises: (10 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets)

Front Delt Raises: (10 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets)

Happy to report I gained 10 pounds on my deadlift this week. I had hoped to also move up on my overhead press, but I struggled quite a bit with that weight last week, so I thought it safer to hold off this time around.

Now for diet: (to clarify, when I say diet, I mean simply "what I'm eating," not that I'm following any particular diet fad or program)

Today was not a great day food wise. I forgot to prep my chicken yesterday, so I resorted to eating out at the least healthy locale possible: McDonald's.

I usually skip breakfast. I know, blasphemy. But I take a medication that requires I wait an hour after taking it to eat my first meal, and mornings are hectic for me, so I just make sure to get all my nutrients elsewhere.

For lunch, I had leftover tuna noodle casserole, a coffee, and a protein bar, totaling about 745 calories and 53 grams of protein. Dinner was, as I said, McDonald's which ended up totaling about 1070 calories and 29 grams of protein. Before bed tonight, I'll be having a protein shake with milk, adding an extra 444 calories and 52 grams of protein.
Totals for the day are 2,259 calories and 139 grams of protein. Decent, but not the best.

See you all again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment