Monday, May 6, 2013

Day Six: Legs and Abs

Day Six is complete! Today was my absolute favorite lift of all: SQUATS! I, again, made a less than smart choice and went for the same weight I used to squat before my big lazy hiatus, but it worked out again, and I'm proud to say I am now exactly where I left off when I quit lifting. I was hoping to take a photo of my weights sitting happily on the squat rack to show you all today, but unfortunately my gym doesn't allow any photos while other people are in there. You know, for dignity's sake. That's 100% understandable, so I didn't argue much. Maybe next time I'll be alone! But for now, you all will just have to be happy with my daily report, so here it is!

Squats: 45 lbs x 5 reps, 75 lbs x 5 res, (110 lbs x 5 reps x 3 sets)

Lying Leg Curls:  (50 lbs x 15 reps x 4 sets)
Leg Extensions: (65 lbs x 15 reps x 4 sets)
Note: The two exercises above were performed as a circuit, with as little rest between sets as possible.

Hip Abduction: (125 lbs x 15 reps x 3 set)
Hip Adduction: (80 lbs x 15 reps x 3 sets)
Note: These two were also made into a circuit with little to no rest period.

Leg Press: 180 x 10 reps, 220 x 10 reps, 260 x 10 reps, (300 lbs x 10 reps)

Sit-ups: (25 reps x 3 sets)

Walking home was brutal. It's only about a half mile from my house to the gym, but every time I stepped off the curb, I felt as though I would collapse. Doing Leg Presses after Squats completely destroyed me, and I feel absolutely amazing. Even though I seriously considered curling up on a bench by the sidewalk rather than drag myself all the way home, I had a huge smile on my face the entire walk back. I know tomorrow's going to hurt, but it's going to be the best kind of hurt. It'll mean I'm getting stronger, and that I'm one step closer to the body I dream of having.

I love you all, and I'll see you again soon!

2 comments:

  1. When I had to do leg workouts for my fitness class, every step felt like I was jumping off of a cliff. Awesome workout. I, too, really like doing squats. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Squats, to me, are just amazing. I can't think of any other lift I feel like I get more out of. :D

      Delete