Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Week Three: Day One

The start of a brand new week! I'm pretty happy with how well I've stuck with my workouts so far. Normally by now I would have come up with some excuse to skip a day, whether I was "too sore," "too busy," or any number of other excuses I've concocted in the past. Hopefully I can keep that up!

Like I said, it's a new week, and that means new photos!

Unsurprisingly, I look almost exactly the same!
Before my workout, I weighed in at 154 lbs almost exactly, which means I gained a half pound over the course of a week. I have no idea if that's water weight or real muscle though, so I'm just going to simplify my life a little and say I stayed about the same. After this month is over, I'll compare myself to my initial weight and see how I need to adjust my diet to make sure I'm gaining the way I should be.

My lifts today were pretty good overall, with slight increases on about half my exercises.

Bench Press: 45 lbs x 5 reps, 60 lbs x 5 reps, (75 lbs x 5 reps x 3 sets)

Flies: (10 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets)

Tricep Pushdowns: (40 lbs x 10 reps x 3 sets)

Tricep Kickbacks: 15 lbs x 10 reps, (10 lbs x 10 reps x 2 sets)

Assisted Pull-Ups: (5 reps x 3 sets with 100 lbs assistance)

HIIT: 10 minute circuit, distance: 1 mile

Pretty happy with my diet today. No breakfast, but lunch was a nice piece of my leftover chicken from last night. I had a protein bar after my workout along with a big bottle of Gatorade. For dinner, I made beef ravioli and a protein shake. All in all, I had around 2000 calories and 152 grams of protein. I'm getting the hang of this after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment